The West Wind (Wed)
Live music from father and son pipers Seán and Cian Talty on The West Wind, tonight 28 April.
It's part of our "Keeping it in the Family" series about passing music on from parent to child.
Clare.FM is one of the foremost promotors of Traditional Irish music broadcasting in Ireland today. From Monday to Friday our team of trad presenters play tunes new & old, from new releases to recordings made around County Clare for your listening pleasure.
You'll also be able to hear special Live concerts, documentaries on the history of Traditional Music, intimiate interviews with well known names not to mention Outside Broadcasts from major Traditional Music events around the county each year such as the Willie Clancy Festival, Eigse Mrs Crotty and the Ennis Trad Festival to mention just a few.
Throughout its history Clare FM has always been committed to its traditional music programmes, and that is something which will continue in years to come.
Each Wednesday join Paula Carroll for The West Wind from 7 to 9pm
Introducing the Clare FM completely pointless but obligatory Presenter Profile Questionnaire;
- On-air at Clare FM since? October 2005 with this show.
- What is your favourite Feel Good Song/Tune?: "Mary in the Wood" by Nora Cleary.
"If I caught Mary in the wood,
There I'd nail her if I could.
For half a crown I'd knock her down,
and play her concertina..."
From the pure heart of the Clare Tradition!
- What's your most embarrassing moment on-air? When I wasn't supposed to be on air. Chit- chatting with a quiz participant on the phone, while Co. Clare listened to the drivel...
- Do you have any hidden talents?: No. They're out there for all to see...
- What is your favourite part of County Clare? Magherabaun. The top of the mountain there - with Lough Graney on one side, Lough Derg on the other. Just before the descent into Ballycroum.
- Who would be your fantasy superstar interview?: Biddy Early, and Seán Nugent.
- Have you ever told a lie and what was it? No. And it was about telling lies.
- Finish this sentence in no more that 20 words - Listen to my show on Clare FM because: It ain't plastic. You'll know you're in Clare.